Photobucket

Friday, September 5, 2008

In all fairness




I have realized over the last couple of days that most things in life aren't fair. Things that you work so hard to accomplish, things that you bend over backwards to prove. At times you have people to thank for helping you get where you are in life, but when each day goes by and you fight to keep the day going strong. You have no one to thank but yourself, you look in the mirror and think to yourself I am working to support my child, to give him a life he deserves and that is what keeps you going. Times get tough and you are ready to throw in the towel and the next day rolls around and your child is still there depending on you..... after all these years the one thing you have learned the only person you can depend on is YOURSELF. You are proud to know your child's dependence is what keeps you fighting day in and day out, whether life is fair or not. All in all when the day is done and you go home from work you will be no better than the man or woman standing next to you, No matter how good you look, or how much you make. It may have been a strong fight to get where I am today, but no matter what I am proud to say I did it!! I have the perfect child, the perfect husband and the perfect life. One thing I have learned throughout it all is "money can't buy happiness".

3 comments:

WashburnWife said...

Girl, I understand completely! Some days, I am just crazy overwhelmed and that is when you think of those babies when they first smiled, or how much you want for them and you just keep on truckin'. On days like this, just know that you are not alone and there is someone else out there that loves a Washburn just as you do going through the same stuff.

Love you sister-in-law

Anonymous said...

Ahh this is a good post!!

Mike ReRe and Logan said...

Trying to post under my name!!