Photobucket

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

After Ike



Ok so we survived Ike.... thank god. I have officially made up my mind I am not staying next time. We went without lights for about 5 days and it was terrible. We tried leaving after the storm and were flooded on a bridge with water rising on both sides of us. I was scared to death. I can't believe the damage this storm has caused for everyone. I also had a tree fall on my car :( but that is minor compared to most damagae that has occured. Things are slowly getting back to normal. Work is tough because of the storm, it has put us all on edge. I am so greatful to have made it out alive and I will heed the warning next time... everyone is evacuating. Ike was a mean one.... Never Again. Now I must get back on track with my weight loss efforts and everything else I am trying to acheive. I thought i would let my fellow bloggers know that I am alive and everything is going to be ok. I pray for those who have lost everything in this storm. May they have the strength to rebuild and move on.

1 comment:

WashburnWife said...

I am so glad that you are ok. I have been anxiously awaiting an updated blog. I check all the time. I am sorry we didn't get to see you when you were here last. We were ready to come on Friday but, then you got called back. I look forward to seeing you soon. Glad you are ok.
Love you guys